You can't put half-assed sketches up and earn $100,000 anymore.
The era of easy money on crowdfunding is over. Putting together a campaign is now a full-time job involving PR, logistics, marketing, taxes, international regulations, and many other challenges you'd never imagine until they are staring you in the face.
A single split-second decision during the campaign can be the difference between profit and a walk-of-shame bankruptcy.
Being overwhelmed is almost a certainty.
Does any of this sound familiar?
- As a founder, I know I should be the one crafting my campaign message, but how do I know where to start?
- I launched a crowd funding campaign last year and it was a nightmare. How do I relaunch without looking like a failure?
- People flat out don’t believe what we are doing is possible. How do I get potential backers to accept my message?
If this is you, you’re at the right place. Hell yeah glad you're here.
I’m Derek, and I’ve raised over $4 million on Kickstarter through the Cyanide & Happiness Show and Joking Hazard campaigns.
Now, I coach entrepreneurs like you how to run kickass crowdfunding campaigns and I’m putting everything I’ve learned into my upcoming book, Six Figure Crowdfunding.
One thing I've learned is that while small one-artist projects have ample room for mistakes, Super Crowdfunding is a whole different world. In order to run a successful six-figure campaign, you also need to know the hidden landmines lurking within every campaign. A single split-second decision during the campaign can be the difference between profit and bankruptcy.
You need a mentor.
Without a mentor to guide you through all the dangers of crowdfunding, you could end up like Coolest Cooler, who raised $13 million only to become one of the most spectacular failures known to crowdfunding.
Everyone needs a mentor. Even I had a mentor for my first campaign in 2013 that completely saved our lives, and added a couple hundred thousand or so to our campaign. (Thanks James Ashby!)
To give you access to the mentorship your campaign needs, I’ve interviewed the creators for some of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns of all time for their tips, tricks, and war stories about how Super Crowdfunding campaigns really succeed.
Six Figure Crowdfunding has the combined knowledge of over $30 million dollars raised through crowdfunding, featuring campaigns such as:
- The Cyanide & Happiness Team (The Cyanide & Happiness Show, Joking Hazard)
- Adam Clark (Founder of KickTraq)
- Lisa Q. Fetterman (Nomiku, Wifi Nomiku)
- Zach Weinersmith & James Ashby (Trial of the Clone, Science: Ruining Everything, Religion: Ruining Everything, Augie and the Green Knight, Gentleman's Single Use Monocle, Trial of the Clone 2, SMBC Theater Goes to Space)
- Andrew Jiang of Andromium (Superbook)
- Ed Pugh (Reaper Minatures, CAV: Strike Operation, Base Boss)
- Salvador Briggman (Found of Kickstarter Forum, CrowdCrux, and Crowdfunding Demystified)
- James Ashby (Dude Bro Party Massacre 3, Cyanide & Happiness Show, Zach Weinersmith's Kickstarters)
- Tim Ciancio, Tomm Jacobson, Michael E Peter, Michael Rousselet (Dude Bro Party Massacre 3)
- Junior Desinor (Toor)
- Nick Seluk of Awkward Yeti (OrganAttack, Tooth Plushie, Heart and Brain Plushie, 3 books and a plush, complete lack of focus)
- Netta Shalgi of Shalgi Design Studio (G-ro, My Wooden Horse)
- Feargus Urquhart of Obsidian (Pillars of Eternity)
- Chris Muscarella (Field Skillet)
- Dame Products (Eva, Fin)
- Richard Reininger (C.H.I.P. $9 Computer)
- Hans Fex (Mini Museum 1,2,3)
- Scott Heimendinger (Sansaire Campaign)
- Little Sun (Little Sun)
- Lisa Glover (Kit-Rex)
Imagine, seeing $250,000 show in up in your bank account for your invention you’ve spent every waking minute for seven years perfecting.
It can, and has, happened. Many times.
I’ll show you how.
We'll go through all the difficult phases of your campaign, including sections on:
- Who Cares? Branding breakthrough in an oversaturated crowdfunding market.
- Good Rewards / Bad Rewards: How not to waste time, money, and sanity chasing the wrong rewards.
- Tales from the Cryptstarter: There's more than one way a campaign can fail.
- Advanced Reward Tiers: Making small tweaks to supercharge your rewards.
- Rogue Backers, Soaring Costs and Black Swans: How to keep momentum when things go wrong.
I want you to get the funding you deserve.
Let’s get funded.
Questions about your campaign?
Interested in bringing me on to your team?
Have a kickass recipe for chicken-fried salmon you want to share?
Shoot me an email at email@example.com